Timothy S. Petsche, MD
- Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgeon
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Reconstruction
Rotator Cuff Repair
- Minimally Invasive Surgery and Procedures for Sports-related Injuries
Dr. Petsche is an orthopedic sports medicine surgeon. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery, helping thousands of athletes get back in the game. He is the team physician for Burlington High School. Dr. Petsche served as Assistant Team Physician to the Miami Heat professional basketball team, and in the same capacity for the Miami Sol of the Women’s National Basketball Association in their 2000 inaugural season. He has provided orthopedic coverage for several tournaments of the Professional Golf Association, Senior Professional Golf Association, and Association of Tennis Professionals.
Certifications & Awards
- Certified by the United States Medical License Examiners
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Board Certified in Orthopedic Sports Medicine by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (Dr. Petsche is the first physician in the Fox Valley area to be certified as having a subspecialty)
- During his residency, Dr. Petsche was awarded the Robert D. Ray Award for most outstanding research thesis; his study investigated the biomechanical strength of a new bone cement.
- Miami Sports Medicine Fellowship, Health South Doctorsâ€™ Hospital, Florida
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
- General Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Doctor of Medicine, Michigan State University
- Graduated with Distinction earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Memberships & Societies
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Illinois Association of Orthopedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Kane County Medical Society
- Staff, Delnor-Community Hospital, Geneva
- Staff, Presence St. Joseph Hospital, Elgin
- Staff, Sherman Hospital, Elgin
More About Dr. Timothy Petsche
Dr. Petsche’s interest in sports medicine originated from his own participation in athletics. While attending the University of Michigan, he was a member of the highly ranked spring board and platform diving team, and was awarded academic all Big Ten and Big Ten conference scholar athlete awards.
Dr. Petsche is a published author of articles on reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and arthroscopic meniscus tears in the knee. He enjoys participating in a variety of sports including soccer, golf and coaches his childrenâ€™s sports teams.
FVO Connection Posts by Dr. Timothy Petsche